This is Blazing Star’s online resource for documents relevant to Thelema and O.T.O.. All documents are copyright O.T.O. and are authored by Aleister Crowley unless noted otherwise.
Any questions or corrections may be sent to webmaster[at]blazingstar[dash]oto.org
- Liber AL vel Legis sub figura CCXX – The Book of the Law: “This book is the foundation of the New Æon, and thus of the whole of our Work.”
- Liber II: The Message of the Master Therion: “Explains the essence of the new Law in a very simple manner.”
- Liber Librae sub figura XXX – The Book of Balance: “Karma Yoga. An elementary course of morality suitable for the average man.”
- Liber OZ: “The Declaration of the Rights of Man.”
- Liber CL: De Lege Libellum: “A further explanation of the Book of the Law, with special reference to the Powers and Privileges conferred by its acceptance.”
- Liber DCCCXXXVII: The Law of Liberty: “This is a further explanation of the Book of the Law in reference to certain ethical problems.”
- Duty: “A note on the chief rules of practical conduct to be observed by those who accept the Law of Thelema.”
See also our page on Thelema.
- Basic information
- Liber LII: Manifesto of the O.T.O.: The manifesto of the Order written by Crowley in 1919, e.v
- Liber CI: An Open Letter to Those Who May Wish to Join the Order – An enumeration of the duties & privileges of the Brethren
- A Memorandum Regarding Liber CI by Sabazius X°
- Liber CXCIV: An Intimation with Reference to the Constitution of the Order: A document explaining the basic structure of the Order and the duties and responsibilities of its various Grades
- Excerpts from Confessions, chapter 72, on the O.T.O.: A discussion of the origin, function, and symbolism of the Man of Earth Degrees of O.T.O.
- Magick Without Tears, chapter 13: System of O.T.O.: A succinct and clear description of the purpose and basic symbolic of the Man of Earth Degrees of O.T.O. from near the end of Crowley’s life
- Further Information
- Liber CXXIV: Of Eden and the Sacred Oak: “Of the Greater and Lesser Hospitality of the O.T.O.”
- Liber CLXI: Concerning the Law of Thelema: “An epistle written to Professor L.B.K. who also himself waited for the New Aeon, concerning the O.T.O. and it’s solution of Property, and now reprinted for the General Circulation.”
- Liber CCC: Khabs am Pekht: “A special instruction for the Promulgation of the Law. This is the first and most important duty of every aspirant of whatever grade. It builds up in him the character and Karma which forms the Spine of Attainment.”
- Revised O.T.O. Constitution of 1917 by Fr. Merlin (Theodor Reuss): “This historical document was written by Theodor Reuss, the first Outer Head of the Order, which was largely based on the MMM Constitution written in 1913 by Aleister Crowley.”
See also our page on O.T.O..